lyrics to pagdating ng panahon - Watfordobserver co uk dating
Watford's original railway station opened in 1837 on the west side of St Albans Road, a small, single-storey red-brick building.
It closed in 1858 when it was replaced by a new, larger station at Watford Junction approximately 200 metres (220 yd) further south-east.
The houses were expanded and developed throughout the following centuries.
) is a town and borough in Hertfordshire, England, situated 15 miles (24 km) northwest of central London and inside the circumference of the M25 motorway.
It is not to be confused with Watford, Northamptonshire which is 55 miles to the north.
The land-owning interests permitted the canal to follow closely by the river Gade, but the prospect of smoke-emitting steam trains drove them to ensure the railway gave a wide berth to the Cassiobury and Grove estates.
Consequently, although the road and canal follow the easier valley route, the railway company was forced to build an expensive tunnel under Leavesden to the north of the town.
This was partly rebuilt in the 17th century and another country house was built nearby at The Grove.
Connections with the Grand Junction Canal (from 1798) and the London and Birmingham Railway (from 1837) allowed the town to grow more rapidly, with paper-making mills, such as John Dickinson and Co.
The town grew partly due to travellers going to Berkhamsted Castle and the royal palace at Kings Langley.
A mansion was built at Cassiobury in the 16th century.
Prior to the establishment of this constituency in 1885 the area was part of the three-seat constituency of Hertfordshire.