If this doesn't work your landlord may be able to help you deal with the problem.

If your neighbours are continually harassing you, but there is no real risk that you will be seriously attacked or killed you should speak to your landlord.

If the person who is harassing you is a Housing Executive or housing association tenant, their landlord may have to try to sort out the problem.

Intimidating neighbours ireland video

In some cases, the victim and the perpetrator live close to each other, often as neighbours.

The intensity and frequency of incidents, combined with the proximity of victim and perpetrator, not only makes harassment and intimidation extremely distressing, it also makes it difficult for recipients of this kind of abuse from taking a stand and speaking out against the behaviour.

Where action is taken in a county court in Scotland and Northern Ireland, an ASBO can be made against a party to the main proceedings or another adult whose conduct is material to the proceedings.

In England and Wales a Criminal Behaviour Order may be obtained where an offender has been convicted of an offence and has engaged, or is likely to engage, in conduct likely to cause harassment, distress or alarm to others and the order is likely to prevent this in the future.

You can get 20 points if there is a fear of violence or 10 points if there is no fear of violence.

Your landlord doesn’t have to get involved in any problems you’re having with your neighbours.If you are on the receiving end of anti-social behaviour or are being intimidated by nuisance neighbours, call Duncan Lewis Landlord & Tenant Solicitors on 020 7923 4020 for expert legal help. You might be able to resolve your differences with your neighbour by talking calmly about the issues or using mediation services.Your neighbour will also have to appear in court and will be given the chance to speak and/or may have their own legal representative to speak for them.Duncan Lewis landlord and tenant solicitors can advise on taking effective action against anti-social behaviour once a case has been assessed – and can also arrange alternatives to legal action, such as dispute resolution and mediation in cases involving anti-social behaviour.Anti-social behaviour orders and injunctions and Community Protection Notices are available to protect people from behaviour causing harassment, alarm or distress.