This means that your income will be assessed - this includes savings, pensions and your partner's income.

backdating jobseekers allowance-64backdating jobseekers allowance-22

If you receive Universal Credit you will be longer entitled to Housing Benefit (help with your rent) from the Council.

Any help towards your rent will be included in your Universal Credit payment.

You will not be able to claim help with your Council Tax within Universal Credit.

If you are currently liable for paying rent and Council Tax at your property your housing costs will be included in your single monthly Universal Credit payment but you will need to apply for your Council Tax Support.

Discretionary Housing Payments will still be administered by Ribble Valley Council even if you no longer claim Housing Benefit.

You will need to have your housing costs met through Universal Credit.Information about who’s eligible and how to make a claim is available on the GOV. You will not be able to save the online application and go back to it. Universal Credit is being introduced in stages and claims may be accepted from the following people: There are other conditions which will need to be checked at the time of enquiry.Claims for families will join Universal Credit at a later date.Some benefit claimants will need to claim Universal Credit at a Job Centre that deals with the Ribble Valley Borough Councils area from the 24 November 2014.Universal Credit will gradually replace six benefits with a single monthly payment, in time it will replace: Universal Credit will be administered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You will need the following information to claim online: Do not delay in making your claim as the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) cannot backdate your claim except in exceptional circumstances.You can find details of decisions made in 2015 or earlier on the Courts and Tribunals Judiciary website.